Dr Justin Hughes is a Consultant in Sports Medicine and is currently the Medical Director for McLaren F1 Race team. He specialises in Health and Human Performance optimisation for Elite Athletes, teams and workforces.
He trained and worked in a variety of elite and professional sports organisations including England Rugby, UK Athletics, Chelsea FC Academy and Harlequins Rugby. He was team doctor to the World Cup Winning England Women's Rugby team.
He worked in a civilian role for the UK Ministry of Defence for several years as a Battle Trauma Rehabilitation Consultant during the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts.
Justin has held senior leadership roles and was Vice President of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine. He was chairman of the Royal College Specialist Advisory Committee responsible for the national education and training.
- MBBS - Medical Batchelor , Batchelor of Science
- MSc - Masters in Surgical Technology
- MRCS - Member of Royal College of Surgeons (England)
- MRCGP - Member of Royal College of General Practitioners
- FFSEM - Fellow of Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine
- DipSEM - Diploma in Sport and Exercise Medicine
- DRCOG - Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology